Lawrence, Utah is a small agricultural community on Roper Wash, five miles southeast of Huntington. It was first settled in 1879 and and originally called Stakerville. It was later changed to Lawrence and was named after Lawence Raymond Staker whose father was one of the original settlers. 
- Lawrence Cemetery BillionGraves
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- FamilySearch Catalog
- John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 223.
2. Emery County Progress published 1980 Centenial Edition .
3. Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey -- "Lawrence" .
4. GhostTowns.com -- "Lawrence" .