Lehi Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Utah Church Records go to Utah County Church Records go to Lehi Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches

Lehi Stake, organized in 1948, covered the Northwestern part of Utah County in 1930. As of 2015, there are 23 stakes in this area.

Stake Boundaries

See Encyclopedic History..., p. 425-426.[1]

  • Northwest part of Utah County, Utah, including the City of Lehi, what is now Saratoga Springs, and Cedar Valley. Exact eastern boundary with Alpine Stake is uncertain, but likely in the vicinity of the current Lehi/American Fork/Highland city limits along what is now 1800 E (6800 W Highland, 900 W American Fork).
  • Headquarters in: Lehi.

History Timeline

This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.

  • 1850 - With the exception of Provo, Lehi ranks among the oldest settlements in Utah Valley, Lehi was first settled in 1850 in two areas: Lott Settlement and Evansville.
  • Spring 1851 - Dry Creek Ward organized as part of the Utah Stake.
  • 13 January 1901 - Alpine Stake is divided from Utah Stake, including the future Lehi Stake area
  • 1 July 1928 - Alpine Stake is divided into three stakes, namely, Alpine, Lehi and Timpanogos (Pleasant Grove).

Obtain the Records

Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.

Wards and Branches


  1. Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 425-426.