Leicester England Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Leicester England Family History Center, based in the church on Wakerley Road, serves primarily the church and community of Leicestershire, but visitors from all parts are made welcome.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Wakerley Road Leicester Leicestershire England LE5 4WD United Kingdom
- Free car park off Falmouth Road.
- Walk round to the front of the building the first door on the right up the steps provides access to the center. Disabled access is available.
- +44 (0)116-249-0099
- Tuesdays: 9:30am-8:00pm
- Thursdays: 9:30am-2:00pm
- Advisable to ring first.
- Members and Non-Members are welcome.
- This centre will close on all Bank Holidays and occasionally other dates as well.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family Search Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family Search Catalog.
- A number of records on microfilm and microfiche are permanently available at Leicester Family History Center. To check if we have anything of interest to you, please call us during opening hours, and we will consult our catalogue.
- Records of the Borough of Leicester 1689-1835, by Chinnery, pub Leicester University Press. Volume V (Hall Books and Papers), VI (The Chamberlains Accounts), and VII (Judicial and Allied Records).
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives us free access all year round to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes England and Wales censuses 1841 to 1911.
- This centre also offers the opportunity to access the Indexing programme for the genealogical community.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has eight computers, one of them which is also a film/fiche reader/printer and has a document scanner as well.
- The center also has some Film and fiche readers to view various records.
- The center also document printers to print your work off and the print off are free too.
Staff Research Specialties
The staff at the center are friendly and will give individual help and advice free of charge, also will give help and advice over the phone as well.
Just to remind you to please phone during opening hours to arrange an appointment or e-mail the center thank you.
Resources in the Local Area
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, Long Street, Wigston Magna,
- , free
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)