Lewisville Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lewisville Family History Center serves patrons from Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Corinth, Lantana, Double Oak, Copper Canyon and outlying areas.
The Center has a separate entrance at the rear of the Chapel Building.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar of Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Volunteer at the Center
- 7 Online Film Ordering
Center Contacts and Hours
- 902 N Chinn Chapel Road Highland Village TX 75077 United States
- 6/10 miles north of intersection of FM407-Justin Rd and Chinn Chapel Rd.
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-3:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the TFH Consultant - Center in advance at (214-636-5915) or at email@example.com
2016 Holiday Schedule Closures:
Thanksgiving November 20th-26th
Christmas Break December 19th-January 2nd
Calendar of Events
Workshop Schedule for Sep 2015 - May 2016
All Workshops are held in the Primary Room at the Family History Center unless stated otherwise.
Bring your laptop/tablet or attend the Family History Center after workshop for hands on
- Tues, Sep 8, 7-8 pm - "Find a Record for Your Ancestor - One-on-One Help" w/Group of Consultants
- Tues, Oct 13, 7-8 pm - CANCELLED
- Sat, Oct 24, 8:30 am-12 Noon - Family Discovery Day: Discover ways to strengthen family ties across generations! Family History Workshops, Indexing, RootsTech Videos and Activities for All Ages. Families' welcome. Bring your laptop or smart device. Event is FREE - Sign up online at: www.lds.org/familydiscoveryday
- Tues, Nov 10, 7-8 pm - "How to Clean Up Your Family Tree on FamilySearch"
- Tues, Jan 12, 7-8 pm - "Adding Photos/Documents & Audio to FamilySearch" - Corrine Nelson
- Tues, Feb 9, 7-8 pm - "Finding Misspelled Names and Other Research Tips" - Randie Sue Neibaur
- Tues, Mar 8, 7-8 pm - "Find a Record for Your Ancestor - One-on-One Help" w/Group of Consultants
- Tues, Apr 12, 7-8 pm - "Historic Newspapers as a Resource" - Mary Ann White
- Tues, May 10, 7-8 pm - "Researching Your WWII Ancestors" - Mike Liddell
- No Workshops will be held in June, July, August or December
Consultant Training Meetings
3rd Thursday monthly, 7-8 pm @ Stake Center, Primary Room
No consultant training will be held in June, July, August or December.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Extensive collection of indefinite microfilms and microfiche.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Websites include: Family Search, Ancestry, Find My Past, Fold 3, World Vital Records, Heritage Quest, Arkiv Digital
- Also have access to: 19th Century British Library Newspapers Digital Archives, Historic Map Works, Paper Trail
- Limited Reference Library
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computer stations
- 4 microfilm readers (two with printing capability)
- 3 Microfiche readers
- Copying capabilities (If making more than 20 copies, please donate paper)
What We Offer
- Research help: We do not perform the research for patrons but we answer questions and suggest possible resources.
- Assist in cleaning up data files
- Provide service opportunites for missionaries and volunteers
- We offer workshops - see schedule for details
Resources in the Local Area
Grapevine Public Library 1201 Municipal Way Grapevine, TX 76051 817-410-3429
Dallas Public Library 1515 Young St. Dallas, TX 75201 214-670-1433
Fort Worth Public Library - Central 500 W 3rd St. Fort Worth, TX 76102 817-392-7701
The National Archives at Fort Worth
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, we are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people that are willing to help patrons with research techniques and seeking their ancestors at all skill levels.
Online Film Ordering
If you know the film number you want to order go to:
If not, go to https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog to search the FamilySearch Catalog.
Adding details to a FHC page article.