Lexington Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lexington Virginia Family History Center (FHC) serves all of Rockbridge County by providing hands-on help to anyone who comes in during the hours we are open.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1340 Thornhill Rd Lexington VA 24450 United States
- Wednesday:10:00-1:00, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week, and the weeks of and after Christmas.
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
The FHC has 5 computers, three printers (one with up to 17" x 19" printing). Each printer has scanning capability.
There is one microfilm reader and one microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)