Little Rock Arkansas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Location
- 2 Contact Us
- 3 Open Hours
- 4 Center Resources:
- 5 Hardware and Equipment
- 6 Classes Offered at the Library
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links and Outside Resources
13901 Quail Run Drive
Little Rock, Pulaski, Arkansas, United States
This is not a mailing address.
The entrance to the Family History Center is through the glass doors on the back side (South) of the building. To enter, you must ring the bell outside the building and a staff member will come and let you in.
Ample free parking is available.
- Phone: (501)455-4998
- Email: email@example.com
Phones will only be answered during open hours. For after-hours questions, please email.
New hours as of January 1, 2016
- Tuesday 1:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 3rd Saturdays 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Family History Center will be closed
- July 4th
- the week of Thanksgiving
- the last two weeks of December
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
We have resources to help individuals do their research - computers, vast collection of microfilm and microfiche, microfilm/fiche readers, printers, and a friendly staff willing to help.
Books containing biographies, research materials, indexes, databases, family histories, Civil War records, & vital records.
- Arkansas Prior Birth Complete Index, Vol. 1-15 (CD)
- Arkansas Death Certificate Index: 1935-1960 (CD)
- Pedigree Resource File (CD)
Hardware and Equipment
- Five (5) patron all-in-one computers with 23" screens
- Three (3) microfilm readers
- One (1) digital microfilm system with printer for copying microfilm
- One (1) microfiche reader
- One (1) multi-use printer with scanner that directly links into FamilySearch accounts
- WiFi High Speed Internet access
- One (1) ethernet cable for plugging in a laptop
Premium Online Websites at FHC
The library provides free use of several family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access. Visit the library to see a listing of the available sites. Shown below are many popular ones.
- Access Newspaper Archive
- ArkivDigital Online
- Create Your Who Do You Think You Are? Story
- My Heritage
- Find My Past
- Legacy Stories
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- ProQuest Obituary Listings
- World Vital Records, and much more.
Classes Offered at the Library
Boy Scout Merit Badge
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit for your scout or troop. The entire badge can be completed in one visit.
Preferred time for boy scout merit badge class is Tuesdays 5:30-8:00 pm. After scheduling your scout please have him bring the following:
- one family document, such as a birth, marriage or death certificate
- Birth/death dates and places for parents, siblings, and all the aunts and uncles on either your mother or father's side.
- cell phone for interviewing a relative.
Scouts may bring (not required) a printout or electronic copy of their immediate family and their parent's family from any genealogy software.
Microfilm Collection and Film Ordering
- The library has a collection of roughly 4,200 films and fiche from Europe and the United States.
- The library is equipped with three microfilm readers and the capability to print images or convert them to storage media. There is also a microfiche reader for patron use.
- Microfilms may be ordered and sent to Little Rock Family History Center library are just $7.50 each and will be kept for 90 days at the Little Rock Family History Center with 60 day extensions possible or $18.75 to add them to our extended collection.
- Microfilm must be ordered online at https://film.familysearch.org. Select the Little Rock Arkansas Family History Center as the default location where you would like your microfilm/microfiche to be sent. Confirmation of the order and notification of the arrival of the film at the library will be sent to patrons via email.
Resources in the Local Area
Arkansas Dept of Vital Records
2815 West Markham
Little Rock, AR
(501)661-2336 or (800)-637-9314
Arkansas Genealogical Society and The Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
#2 Riverfront Place
North Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Historic Preservation - Landmarks, Main Street Programs
1500 Tower Building, 323 Center Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
Arkansas History Commission & State Archives
One Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
401 President Clinton Ave
Little Rock, AR 72201
County Historical Societies - Arkansas Historical Association
Arkansas Chapter Afro American Historical Genealogical Society
PO Box 4862
Little Rock, AR 72214
Fort Mac Arthur Military Museum of Arkansas
503 East 9th Street
Little Rock, AR 72201-3997
Guide to Arkansas Genealogy Research
Old Washington State Park
Washington, AR 72201
Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Library System
200 East 8th
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
The Genealogy Department offers extensive research for states such as Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Over 4,000 microfilm including the Pine Bluff Commercial Newspaper 1866- present and Arkansas Gazette Newspaper 1819- present. Research and photocopy requests are handled on a limited basis through the mail for a slight fee.
Pulaski County Historical Society
PO Box 251903
Little Rock, AR 72225
Collecting, Preserving, and Publishing Local History Since 1951
Links and Outside Resources
Relative Finder - Check here to discover how you are related to the world.
Genealogy Tool Box - A toolbox of genealogy websites to help you with your research.
LDS Members Free Access to Partner Websites
Register for LDS Member Access to Ancestry.com, findmypast, MyHeritage and American Ancestors.