Llan-ddew, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANTHEW (LLAN-DDEWI), a parish, partly in the hundred of Merthyr-Cynog, and partly in that of Pencelly, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 1½ mile (N. N. E.) from Brecknock. This parish takes its name from the saint to whom the church is dedicated. The church, dedicated to St. Dewi, or David, is one of the oldest churches in the neighbourhood, and contains remains of transition Norman and early English of the twelfth century.
Also known as Llan-ddew, LLANTHEW, a parish in the hundreds of Merthyr and Penkelly, county Brecon, 1 mile N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. The parish is watered by the river Honddu. For more information see Llan-ddew, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464300.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 98-111. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.