Llanarmon, Gwynedd Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Llanamon, Caernarfonshire)
Jump to: navigation, search

WalesGotoarrow.png GwyneddGotoarrow.pngLlanarmon

History

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanarmon like this:

LLANARMON, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 4 miles NE by N of Pwllheli, and 12 SW by S of Nantlle r. station. Posttown, Pwllheli. Acres, 3,753. Real property, £2,831. Pop., 556. Houses, 109. Broom Hall is the seat of JL. Jones, Esq. A search for coal, which promised to be successful, was made, in 1862, at Bryn-y-bachan, near Afon-Wen. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Llangybi, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Garmon or Germanns, and was restored in 1863. There are two chapels for Calvinistic Methodists, and one for Wesleyans. (Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72.) For more information see Llanarmon, Caernarvonshire at genuki.org.uk


Records


Civil Registration


Church Records


Census Records


Probate Records


Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites