Llanarmon, Gwynedd Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Llanarmon, Gwynedd)
Jump to: navigation, search

WalesGotoarrow.png GwyneddGotoarrow.pngLlanarmon


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanarmon like this:

LLANARMON, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 4 miles NE by N of Pwllheli, and 12 SW by S of Nantlle r. station. Posttown, Pwllheli. Acres, 3,753. Real property, £2,831. Pop., 556. Houses, 109. Broom Hall is the seat of JL. Jones, Esq. A search for coal, which promised to be successful, was made, in 1862, at Bryn-y-bachan, near Afon-Wen. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Llangybi, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Garmon or Germanns, and was restored in 1863. There are two chapels for Calvinistic Methodists, and one for Wesleyans. (Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72.) For more information see Llanarmon, Caernarvonshire at genuki.org.uk


Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites