Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr, Powys Genealogy
"LLANARMON MYNYDD MAWR, A parish in the Cynlleth and Mochnant division of the hundred of Chirk, county of Denbigh; 10 miles (W.) from Oswestry, containing 164 inhabitants. ... The church, dedicated to St. Germanus, was formerly a chapel of ease to the mother church of Llanrhaiadr, only a mile and a half distant."
[A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]
Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr was once part of the parish of Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant. For more information on Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr see:
- Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr at Genuki
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Powys|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464319.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr at Vision of Britain
- Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr Parish Church at Clwyd FHS