Llanbedr-goch, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANBEDR-GÔCH (LLAN-BEDR-GÔCH), a parish, in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 2 miles (N. E.) from Llangevni, and 7 (W. N. W.) from Beaumaris. This place, in old writings called Llanbedr-Mathavarn-Eithav, is advantageously situated on the Irish Sea, which constitutes its northern boundary, and forms within the parish a safe and commodious harbour. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, situated on a rocky and rather peculiar eminence in a distant and exposed part of the parish, is a small cruciform structure, chiefly of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, with a single bellgable at the west end. In the parish are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
LLANBEDRGOCH, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 6 miles S.E. of Llanerchymedd, and 6 N.W. of Beaumaris, its post town. For more information, see Llanbedrgoch, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 21 Aug 2014.