Llanddewi'r Cwm, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANDDEWI'R-CWM (LLAN-DDEWIY-CWM), a parish, in the union and hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 1¾ mile (S.) from Builth. This parish, the name of which signifies "the church of St. David in the vale," is pleasantly situated on the river Dihonw, near its junction with the Wye. The church, dedicated to St. David, and situated on the eastern side of the old high road from Builth to Brecknock.
LLAN-DDEWI-'R-CWM, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 2 miles S.W. of Builth, its post town, and 14 from Brecon. It is situated on the small river Duhawn-wg, or Dihonw, a tributary of the Wye. The village is a small agricultural place. For more information, see Llanddewi'r Cwm, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464299.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 505-511. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.