Llanddewi Abergwesyn, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANDDEWI-ABERGWESSIN (LLANDDEWI-ABER-GWESYN), a parish, in the union and hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 13½ miles (N. N. E.) from Llandovery. This parish, which comprises one of the wildest and least cultivated tracts in the county, derives its name from the dedication of its church, and from the little river Gwessin, near the confluence of which with the Irvon the village is situated. The church is a very rude building, dedicated to St. David.
LLANDDEWI-ABER-GWESSIN, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 13 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town, and 15 from Rhayader. It is situated at the confluence of the rivers Gwessin and Irvon. For more information seeLlanddewi Abergwesyn at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464299.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 505-511. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.