Llandefailog-Tre-Graig, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANDEVAILOG-TRE'R-GRAIG (LLAN-DEFAILOG-TRÊF-Y-GRAIG), a parish, in the hundred of Pencelly, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 5½ miles (E. by N.) distant from Brecknock; containing, exclusively of the township of Llanywern. It is of small extent, comprising only about 500 acres. The church, dedicated to St. Tyvaelog, was erected in 1710. It is a neat structure, consisting of a nave and chancel, appropriately fitted up; at the western extremity of the roof is a shed containing a small bell. There is no separate register kept, the births and burials being entered in that of Llanvillo.
Also spelled Llandyfailog Tre Graig. LLANDEFAILOG-TRE-GRAIG, (or Llandefailog-treyr-graig), a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 3 miles S.W. of Talgarth, and 5 N.E. of Brecon, its post town. The parish is watered by the small river Llynvi, a tributary of the Wye. There is no village, only some half-dozen farmhouses. For more information see Llandefailog-Tre-Graig, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464300.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 511-524. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.