Llandefailot-Fach, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANDEVAILOG-VÂCH (LLANDEFAELOG-FÂCH), a parish, in the hundred of Merthyr-Cynog, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 2¼ miles (N. by W.) from Brecknock; composed of the Upper and Lower divisions, the former of which constitutes the chapelry of Llanvihangel-Vechan.This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church. The church, dedicated to St. Tyvaelog, a dark, damp, and greatly dilapidated edifice, was rebuilt in the year 1831. The chapel of Llanvihangel-Vechan is situated about three miles to the north of the church, on the road to Builth. There are places of worship for Independents in the Higher division, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists in the Lower division, of the parish.
Also spelled Llandyfailog Fach. Llandefaelog Fach Church is in the Diocese of Swansea and Brecon, in the community of Honddu Isaf in the county of Powys. For more information see Llandyfaelog Fach, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 511-524. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.