A guide to genealogy in Llandysiliogogo, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
Llandysiliogogo is a village, community and ecclesiastical parish in Ceredigion, Wales. The community includes the villages of Caerwedros, Bwlchyfadfa, Llwyndafydd, Talgarreg and Plwmp.
LLANDYSILIO-GOGO (LLAN-DYSILIO-GOGOV), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of MOYTHEN, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 18 miles (W. N. W.) from Lampeter. This parish, which is situated on the shore of Cardigan bay, and is intersected by the turnpike road from Cardigan to Aberystwith, derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Tysilio, and its adjunct " Gogo," or more properly "Gogovau," from the numerous caverns worn by the sea in the rocks which line this part of the coast. There are places of worship in the parish for Baptists, Independents, Calvinistic Methodists, and Presbyterians.
For more information, see Llandysiliogogo at Genuki
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llandysiliogogo at Vision of Britain
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 536-559. Adapted. Date accessed: 21 January 2014.