Llandysilio, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANDYSILLIO (LLAN-DYSILIO), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (W. S. W.) from Bangor; containing 871 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the shores of the Menai strait. The church is dedicated to St. Tysilio, one of the most celebrated saints of Wales, who flourished in the sixth century. It is a very unpretending edifice, consisting of a single aisle; but is remarkable for its situation on a rocky peninsula stretching into the Menai strait. There are places of worship for Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
LLANDYSILIO, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 3 miles S.W. of Beaumaris. Bangor is its post town. It is situated within a short distance of the Menai bridge, and the Llanfair station on the Chester and Holyhead railway. For more information see Llandysilio, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.