Llaneugrad, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANEUGRAD (LLAN-EIGRAD), a parish, in the hundred of Twrcelyn, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 6 miles (E.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish, which is bounded on the east by the Irish Sea, was anciently much more extensive than it is at present. The church, dedicated to St. Eugrad, is supposed to have been originally built about the year 605, by Eugrad, son of Caw-o-Vrydain, and brother of St. Alltgo who, about the same time, founded the neighbouring church of Llanallgo: it is a small but somewhat stately edifice, of lofty proportions, and venerable appearance; and adjoining it is a small antique chapel. On the farm of Llugwy, in the parish, formerly stood a chapel of ease to Llanallgo, the small existing remains of which are called Capel Llugwy. There is a place of worship in the parish for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANEUGRAD, (or Llaneigrad), a parish in the hundred of Twrcelyn, county Anglesey, 5 miles E. of Llanerchymedd, 5 N. of Llangefni, and 9 from Gwindy, its post town. It is situated on the north-western coast of Red Wharfe Bay, and includes the chapelry of Llanallgo and the township of Bryngola. For more information see Llaneugrad, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.