Llanfachreth, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVACHRETH (LLAN-FACH-RETH), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (N. W. by N.) from Bôdedern. This parish is situated in a fertile district, near the eastern shore of Holyhead bay. The church, dedicated to St. Machraeth, is an ancient structure, in the early style of English architecture; it exhibits some good details of that style, and is ornamented with an east window of elegant design: the interior was considerably improved in 1835. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFACHRETH, a parish in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 5 miles E. of Holyhead, its post town and nearest railway station, and 9 from Llanerchymedd. It is situated on the small river Alaw, south of Holyhead Bay. For more information see Llanfachreth, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.