Llanfaelog, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVAELOG (LLAN-FAELOG), a parish, in the hundred of Llyvon, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles (W.) from Llangevni. This parish is pleasantly situated on the shore of Carnarvon bay. The church, dedicated to St. Maelog, was a very ancient structure, with accommodation for 150 persons; but a new parish church, in the early English style, was built in 1847-48. There are places of worship for Wesleyans, Independents, and Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFAELOG, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Llyfon, county Anglesey, 3 miles N. W. of Aberffraw, and 6 from Gwindy, its post town. The Ty Croyes station on the Chester and Holyhead railway is within a short distance of the village. It is situated N. of Carnarvon Bay, and includes the hamlet of Pengornisiog. For more information see Llanfaelog, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.