Llanfaethlu, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVAETHLU (LLAN-FAETHLU), a parish, in the hundred of Talybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 5 miles (N. by W.) from Bôdedern. This parish, which is of very considerable extent, is pleasantly situated on a tract of rising ground above Holyhead Roads, and commands an extensive view over the Irish Sea, by which it is bounded on the west. The church, dedicated to St. Maethlu, and situated on a lofty eminence overlooking the Irish Sea, is a small and handsome structure of modern erection. There are places of worship for dissenters, and two Sunday schools, one of which is in connexion with the Calvinistic Methodists, and the other with the Baptists.
LLANFAETHLU, a parish in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 6 miles N.E. of Holyhead, its post town and railway station. It is situated on the eastern side of Holyhead Bay. For more information see Llanfaethuly, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.