Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVAIR-YN-EUBWLL (LLAN-FAIR-YN-NEUBWLL), a parish, in the hundred of Llyvon, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 5 miles (S. E.) from Holyhead. This parish, which derives its name from the dedication of its church to the Virgin Mary, and its adjunct from two small lakes or pools contiguous, is pleasantly situated on the great Holyhead road, and crossed by the Holyhead line of railway. The church, a small irregular edifice, contains a few architectural details that appear to have originally belonged to some more ancient building, the remains of which have been probably incorporated with the present structure: it stands on the southern brow of an eminence overlooking a creek of the Irish Sea. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFAIR-YN-NEUBWLL, a chapelry in the parish of Rhoscolyn, hundred of Llyfon, county Anglesey, 4 miles S.E. of Holyhead its post town, and 12 from Llangefni. For more information see Llanfair-yn-Neubwil at Genuki.org.ukwww.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/AGY/LlanfairYnNeubwll/index.html
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.