Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVAIR-MATHAVARNEITHAV (LLAN-FAIR-MATHAFARN-EITHAF), a parish, in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles (N. W. by W.) from Beaumaris. This parish is situated on one of the limestone plateaux of Anglesey, and on the shore of the Irish Sea, which bounds it on the east. The church, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, is a very old building, situated in an uneven, rocky, and exposed locality, and consisting of a nave and chancel, with a single bell-gable at the western end, and the eastern gable capped with a simple cross. There are two or three places of worship for dissenters.
LLANFAIR-MATHAFARN-EITHAF, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 5 miles from Llanerch-y-med, 7 miles N. W. of Beaumaris, its post town, and the same distance from the Llanfair railway station. It is situated on the N.W. shore of Red Wharfe Bay. For more information see Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.