Llanfechell, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVECHELL (LLAN-FECHELL), a parish, and formerly a market-town, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 5 miles (W.) from Amlwch, on the road to Holyhead; comprising the hamlets of Llandugwell and Bod-daniel. This place derives its name from the dedication of its church. The church, dedicated to St. Mechell, or Macutus, by whom it was originally founded, was rebuilt about the year 1533, and is a spacious and venerable structure, in the later style of English architecture, with a tower surmounted by a low spire. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
LLANFECHELL, a parish in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 3 miles W. of Amlwch, 5 N.W. of Llanerchymedd, and 9 from Gwindy, its post town. It is situated on the coast, and includes the township of Tregele. For more information see Llanfechell, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.