Llanfflewin, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVLEWIN (LLAN-FLEWYN), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 6 miles (N. W.) from Llanerchymedd. This place derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Flewyn, by whom the building was originally founded, in the early part of the seventh century. The church, a plain edifice, is beautifully situated near a small lake, and surrounded with pleasing scenery. There are places of worship for Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
LLANFFLEWYN, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 5 miles N.W. of Llanerchymed, 8 from Holyhead, its post town, and 9 from Gwindy. The village is a small rustic place. For more information see Llanfflewin, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.