Llanfihangel-Tyn-Sylwy, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVIHANGEL-DIN-SYLWY (LLAN-FIHANGEL-DIN-SYLWY), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, in North Wales, 5 miles (N. N. W.) from Beaumaris. The name is derived from the dedication of the church, and its adjunct from the ancient British fortification Din Sylwy, or "the exploratory station," immediately above that edifice.The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a small ancient edifice, remarkable for its peculiar position beneath Din Sylwy, and on the slope of a hill fronting the entrance of the Menai straits.
LLANFIHANGEL-TYN-SYLWY, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 3 miles N. of Beaumaris, its post town. It is situated on the northern coast, and is included in the borough of Beaumaris. For more information seeLlanfihangel-Tyn-Sylwy at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.