Llanfihangel Esceifiog, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVIHANGEL-YSCEIVIOG, or LLANVIHANGEL-PENTRE-BERW (LLAN-FIHANGEL-YSCEIFIOG), a parish, in the poorlaw union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Menai, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 8 miles (W. by N.) from Bangor. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a spacious and interesting structure, comprising a nave, south aisle, and chancel, and having on the north side a small building called Capel Berw, communicating with the church, and evidently of more recent date than the rest of the edifice. There are two meeting-houses, for Calvinistic Methodists and Baptists.
LLANFIHANGEL ESCEIFIOG, (or Llanfihangel-pentre-berw), a parish in the hundred of Menai, county Anglesey, 2 miles S.E. of Llangefni, 7 N.E. of Newborough, and 7 from Bangor, its post town. It is situated on the river Cefni, and includes the township of Gaeriben. For more information see Llanfihangel Esceifiog at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.