Llanfihangel y Pennant, Gwynedd Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

WalesGotoarrow.pngGwyneddGotoarrow.pngLlanfihangel y Pennant

Llanfihangel y Pennant is a village, community and ecclesiastical parish in the County of Gwynedd, Wales.

Before 1974 the village was in the historic county of Merionethshire and, between 1874 and 1996 in the County of Gwynedd. In 1996 it became part of the modern County of Gwynedd.


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Y Pennant like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-Y-PENNANT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Festiniog, and county of Carnarvon; under Moel-Hebog, adjacent to the Carnarvons hire railway, 4 miles NW by N of Tremadoc. It includes the hamlet of Cenin; and its Post town is Tremadoc, under Carnarvon. Acres, 8,844. Real property, £1,736; of which £100 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 665; in 1861,753. Houses, 141. Brynkir is a chief residence. Moel-Hebog has an altitude of 2,584 feet. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £127. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. Charities, £3. For more information on Llanfihangel y Pennant see: Genuki - Llanfihangel y Pennant


Years County
before 31 March 1974 Merionethshire
1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996 Gwynedd
from 1 April 1996 Gwynedd


Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Poor Law Union Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites