Llanfwrog, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANVWROG (LLAN-FWROG), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 4 miles (N. W.) from Bôdedern. It is situated on the shore of the Irish Sea. The church, dedicated to St. Mwrog, is a small ancient edifice, in a very dilapidated condition, containing some curious remains of oak carving. According to tradition, there was once a chapel in a field called Monwent Mwrog, on the farm of Cevn Glâs, in the parish; but not a vestige of it is now to be seen. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFWROG, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 3 miles N.E. of Holyhead, its post town. It is situated at the N. side of Holyhead Bay. The village is small, and is chiefly agricultural. For more information see Llanfwrog Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.