Llangaffo, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANGAFO (LLAN-GAFFO), a parish, in the union of Carnarvon, hundred of Menai, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 5 miles (N. W. by N.) from Carnarvon. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Caffo, who flourished in this part of Wales about the middle of the sixth century. The church, a small ancient edifice, situated on an eminence overlooking the Malltraeth marsh, has been rebuilt.
LLANGAFFO, a parish in the hundred of Menai, county Anglesey, 4 miles N.W. of Carnarvon, its post town, and 4 S. of Llangefni. It is situated in the vicinity of the Chester and Holyhead railway, the Gaerwen station being a short distance from the village. For more information see Llangaffo, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.