Llangasty Tal-y-llyn, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANGASTY-TÀLYLLYN (LLAN-GASTY-TÀL-Y-LLYN), a parish, in the hundred of Pencelly, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 5½ miles (E. S. E.) from Brecknock. The name of this parish is derived from the dedication of its church to St. Gasty, or Gastayn, an eminent British saint. At the distance of rather more than half a mile from the western extremity of the lake of Savaddan, or Llangorse Merethe is the beautiful village of Llanvihangel-Tàlyllyn. The church, beautifully situated on the margin of the lake, is a dark, ancient, and decayed edifice, with a tower of more modern erection, containing four bells.
LLANGASTY-TAL-Y-LLYN, a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 5 miles S.E. of Brecknock, and 7 N.W. of Crickhowell, its post town. The lake, or llyn, known as Llangorse, is partly in this parish. For more information seeLlangasty-Tal-Y-Llyn at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464300.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 24-36. Adapted. Date accessed: 28 January 2014.