Llangefni, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANGEVNI (LLAN-GEFNI), a market town and parish, in the hundred of Menai, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 13 miles (W.) from Beaumaris, and 248 (N. W. by W.) from London. This place derives its name from the river Cevni, upon which it is situated. The church, dedicated to St. Cyngar, is a spacious structure, thirtythree yards long and ten wide, with a lofty square embattled tower crowned with pinnacles. It was built in 1824. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
LLANGEFNI, a parish and market town in the hundred of Menai, county Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles N. of Newborough, 8 W. of Beaumaris, and 4½ S. of the Gaerwen station on the Chester and Holyhead line of railway. It is situated in a vale, watered by the river Cefni, which is here crossed by a-bridge of two arches. The main road between Bangor and Holyhead passes through it, as well as the old Roman road. For more information see Llangefni, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.