Llangeinwen, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANGEINWEN (LLAN-GEINWEN), a parish, composed of an Upper and a Lower division, in the union of Carnarvon, hundred of Menai, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (N. W. by W.) from Carnarvon. This parish, which is of considerable extent, derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Ceinwen, a female who was distinguished for the sanctity of her life, about the middle of the fifth century. The church is destitute of interest as a building, except that it contains a font of the twelfth century, preserved from the ancient structure, and remarkable for its purity of design and the freedom of touch discernible in it. There are places of worship for dissenters .
LLANGEINWEN, a parish in the hundred of Menai, county Anglesey, 1½ mile E. of Newborough, and 3 miles N.W. of Carnarvon, its post town. It is situated on the river Brain, close to the Menai Strait, across which there is a ferry. For more information see Llangeinwen, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.