Llangoed, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANGOED (LLAN-GOED), or LLAN-GOURDA, a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Beaumaris. This place, the name of which signifies "the church in the wood," is situated on the shore of the Irish Sea. The church is dedicated to St. Cawrdav in conjunction with his brother Tangwn; they were sons of Caradog Vraichvras of the line of Coel, and the former succeeded his father as sovereign of Brecknock. There are places of worship for dissenters.
LLANGOED, (or Llangowrda), a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 2 miles N. of Beaumaris, its post town, and 6 from Bangor. It is situated near, the south-eastern extremity of the county, having Beaumaris Bay on the S., and the Irish Sea on the N. For more information see Llangoed, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.