Llangristiolus, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANGRYSTYOLYS (LLAN-GRIST-IOLUS), a parish, in the hundred of Malltraeth, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (S. S. W.) from Llangevni. This parish takes its name from the dedication of its church to St. Christiolus, who flourished about the middle of the seventh century. The church is supposed to have been originally founded about the year 550; it is uncertain when the present structure was built: it is seventy-nine and a half feet in length and twenty and a half in breadth, and contains some interesting architectural features. There are one or two places of worship for dissenters.
LLANGRISTIOLUS, a parish in the hundred of Malltraeth, county Anglesey, 1 mile S. of Llangefni, and 4 miles N. of Newborough. Bangor is its post town. The river Cefni flows through the parish. For more information see Llangristiolus, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.