Llangwyfan, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANGWYVAN (LLAN-GWYFAN), a parish, in the hundred of Malltraeth, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 9 miles (S. W. by W.) from Llangevni. This parish is situated in the south-western part of the county, on the shore of Carnarvon bay. The church is dedicated to St. Cwyvan, who flourished towards the close of the seventh century, and from whom the parish derives its name.
LLANGWYFAN, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Malltraeth, county Anglesey, 1 mile W. of Aberffraw, and 9 miles S.E. of Holyhead. Bethel is its post town. It is situated on the coast of Carnarvon Bay. For more information see Llangwyfan, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.