Llangystennin, Conwy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

WalesGotoarrow.pngCounty Borough of Conwy Gotoarrow.pngLlangystennin

Llangystennin (sometimes spelt Llangwstennin) is a rural village and ecclesiastical parish in the County Borough of Conwy, Wales.

History

In the 1870s: "LLANGWSTENNIN, or LLAN-CYSTENYN, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the Chester and Holyhead railway, and on the river Conway, at the isthmus of the Rhos peninsula, 3 miles ENE of Conway. Posttown, Conway, Acres, 1,314; of which 64 are water. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 674. Houses, 161. Copper ore is mined. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £145. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Constantine, and occupies the site of one alleged to have been founded before 330, by the Emperor Constantine. Cliarities, £16." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72.]

For more information on Llangystennin see: Genuki - Llangystennin

Records

Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites