Llanidan, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANIDAN (LLAN-IDAN), a parish, in the union of Carnarvon, hundred of Menai, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles (S. W. by W.) from Bangor; containing the chapelry of Llanvair-y-Cwmmwd. This parish, which is situated on the western shore of the Menai strait, was in ancient times one of the principal stations of the Druids. The church, dedicated to St. Nidan, was appropriated to the convent of Bethgelart. The present church was erected in the nineteenth century, at some distance from the former edifice. There are several places of worship for dissenters.
LLANIDAN, a parish in the hundred of Menai, county Anglesey, 4 miles N.E. of Carnarvon, its post town. It is situated on the shore of Menai Strait, and includes the township of Brynshenkin. For more information see Llanidan, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.