The redundant spelling of Llanefydd can sometimes be seen in older documents.
"LLANNEFYDD, or LLANYVYDD, a village and a parish in St. Asaph district, Denbighshire. The village stands on the Aled brook, near the river Elwy, 5 miles W of Trefnant r. station, and 5½ NW of Denbigh; and has a post office under Rhyl. -The parish contains the townships of Benaighn, Berron, Bodys-Gaw, BodysGawen, Brydsgaw, Carredfynydd, Dinas-Gadfel, Llechryd-Ty-Celyn, Mofoniog, Penfron-chill, and Tal-y-bryn. Acres, 7,444. Rated property, £4,270. Pop., 1,136. Houses, 246. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £280. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Matthew, and was restored in 1859. A handsome national school was built in 1867." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales,1870-72, John Marius Wilson]
For more information on Llannefydd see:
- Llannefydd at Genuki
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Conwy|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464320.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llannefydd at Vision of Britain