Llannerch-y-medd, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANERCHYMEDD, a market-town and chapelry, chiefly in the parish of Amlwch, and partly in the parishes of Llanbeulan, Llêchcynvarwydd, and Ceidio, in the hundreds of Llyvon, Menai, and Twrcelyn, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 14 miles (W. N. W.) from Beaumaris, and 263 (N. W. by W.) from London. The chapel, dedicated to St. Mary, is a spacious structure, with a lofty square tower at the western end, and is the joint property of the families of Llwydiarth and Bôdlewyddan, who have always kept it in a tolerable state of repair without any charge to the inhabitants of the town. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.