Llanrhwydrys, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANRHWYDRUS (LLAN-RHWYDRYS), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 8 miles (N. W.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish is situated at the northwestern extremity of the Isle of Anglesey, on a headland projecting into the Irish Sea on the north, and forming on the east the boundary of Cemlyn bay. It derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Rhwydrus, by whom the building was originally founded in the sixth century. The church is a small ancient edifice, situated nearly in the centre of the headland projecting into the sea, near the island called the West Mouse. There are two or three places of worship for dissenters.
LLANRHWYDRYS, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 8 miles N.W. of Llanerchymedd, 14 from Holyhead, and 12 from Gwindy, its post town. It is situated on the north-western coast, in the vicinity of Camlyn Bay and the Skerries lighthouse. The village consists of a few farmhouses and cottages. For more information see Llanrhwydrys, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.