Llantrisaint, Anglesey Genealogy
LLANTRISAINT (LLAN-TRI-SANT), a parish, partly in the hundred of Menai, but chiefly in that of Llyvon, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 4 miles (W.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish is situated in the western part of the island, and is intersected by the small river Alaw. The church, dedicated to Avran, Ieuan, and Sanan, from which circumstance the parish derives its name, signifying "the church of three saints," was originally founded in the year 570. The present is a good edifice of comparatively recent erection, containing accommodation for about 150 persons. There are places of worship for Calvinistic Methodists and Baptists.
LLANTRISAINT, a parish in the hundred of Llyfon, county Anglesey, 5 miles W. of Llanerchymedd, and 7 N.E. of Holyhead. Bangor is its post town. It is situated on the river Alaw, and includes the township of Gwredog. For more information see Llantrisaint, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.