Llanwrthwl, Breconshire Genealogy
LLANWRTHWL (LLAN-WRTHWL), a parish, composed of an Upper and a Lower division, in the union of Rhaiadr, hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Rhaiadr. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church. It is situated at the northern extremity of the county, bordering upon Radnorshire.T he church, dedicated to St. Wrthwl, or Morddal, is an ancient edifice, situated near the Wye, and at no great distance from the influx of the Elain. There is a place of worship for Independents.
LLANWRTHWL, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 3 miles S. of Rhayader, its post town, and 9 N.W. of Builth. The river Wye flows through the parish. For more information see Llanwrthwl, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464299.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 157-165. Adapted. Date accessed: 29 January 2014.