Llechylched, Anglesey Genealogy
LLÊCHYLCHED (LLÊCH-YLCHED), a parish, in the hundred of Llyvon, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles (S. E. by E.) from Holyhead. This parish is situated in the south-western part of the island, on the road from Bangor to Holyhead, and is intersected by the Chester and Holyhead line of railway. The church, a small edifice dedicated to St. Ylched, is situated in a marshy valley watered by a stream that falls into the bay of Carnarvon, and in the midst of scenery of an unprepossessing and dreary character, close by the road to Holyhead; it is now abandoned, or, if used at all, used merely for the performance of the burial service. A new church, much more conveniently and pleasantly situated, has been erected in the village of Bryngwran. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic Methodists.
LLECHYLCHED, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Llyfon, county Anglesey, 4 miles N.W. of Aberffraw, and 8 from Gwindy, its post town. For more information see Llechylched, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 29 Aug 2014.