Loma Rica California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This center is small but has a qualified staff eager to help patrons. If the hours are not convenient the staff will arrange to open the center for additional times.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 11646 Hill Road, Loma Rica, California United States
- Park in the South parking lot and enter the double doors near the front of the building.
- The center is in the South East corner.
- There is parking and easy access for the handicapped.
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Closed all major holidays, including the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years:
Calendar and Events
Instruction is available on an individual basis as requested or during Sunday School.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- There are some reference books and microfilm and microfiche available.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center may have access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
This center has two computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, printers, and a copy machine. You may bring your own laptop or tablet.
Staff Research Specialties
The staff has a variety of experience and would be happy to answer questions.
Resources in the Local Area
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center, 2745 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA, (916) 487-2090. Call for times.
- Yuba County Library, 303 Second Street, Marysville, CA, (530) 749-7380.
- Sutter County Library, 750 Forbes Ave, Yuba City, CA, (530) 822-7137
- California State Archives, 1020 O Street, Sacramento, CA, (916) 653-2246
Volunteer at the Center
Contact the center if you are interested in volunteering.