Longview Texas Family History Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1700 Blue Ridge Parkway Longview TX 75605 United States
- Entrance to the FHC is around the back of the building.
- Look for a double door with "Family History Center Hours" posted on it.
- Push the button to the left of the door to speak with a FHC staff member, and we will come to the door for you.
- Tuesday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Closed November 22-29, 2015
Closed December 19, 2015-January 2, 2016
2016 Holiday Closures:
December 19-January 3. 2017
Calendar and Events
Monday 9:00 - 5:00 Tuesday 9:00 - 1 & 6:30 - 8:30 Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Our physical book collection specializes in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Four (4) desktop computers with Internet access to the FHC Portal and premium websites
- Printer ($.10/page)
- Desktop scanner
- Microfilm (reel) viewer
- Microfiche viewer
Staff Research Specialties
Longview Public Library - Genealogy Room
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)