Canada, Lower Census, 1825 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Canada|
|Title in the Language||Canada, recensement du Bas-Canada|
|Public Archives, Ontario|
- 1 What is in this Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in this Collection?
This collection will include records for 1825.
These records include indexes and images of census records for the modern province of Quebec.
Census records can provide family relationships, age, year of birth, description of property, religion, and place of birth. Generally, more recent censuses are more complete. They can provide information missing in other records.
For a list of records by localities currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Census records usually contain the following information:
- Names of heads of families
- Total number of persons living in family
- Number belonging to each family absent from province
- Number in family age six (6) years, but less than fourteen (14) years
- Number in family over fourteen (14) years, but less than eighteen (18) years
- Number of married males or females married in family
- Ages of married persons, male and female
How Do I Search the Collection?
Search by Name by visiting the Collection Page.
See Images, in this collection by visiting the Browse Page.
Once you've reached the browse page, follow these instructions to get to the images:
⇒Select the appropriate “County/District”
⇒Select the appropriate “Locality/Sub-district,” which will take you to the images.
You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I was Looking for, Now What?
- Try looking for your ancestor in other Canadian Censuses.
- Use the information from the census to locate other records for your ancestor, such as birth or marriage.
What if I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- Try searching again using variations of the name or possible nicknames your ancestor may have used.
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825" Database with Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Library and Archives. Public Archives, Ottawa, Ontario.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825.|
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.