Lowry Battery, Virginia Light Artillery (Centreville Rifles)
Lowry's Battery [also called Centerville Rifles] was organized in June 1861, with men from Prince William County. This unit served in western Virginia and in December 1862, contained 3 officers and 72 men. Attached to J. F. King's Battalion, it later was involved in the Knoxville Campaign, then returned to Virginia. The battery participated in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley and disbanded early in 1865. Captain William M. Lowry was in command.