Lyddington, Rutland Genealogy
Guide to Liddington, Rutland ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Uppingham|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Liddington Post-1850 - Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Rutland Record Office|
LIDDINGTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, hundred of Wrandike, county of Rutland, 2½ miles (S. by E.) from Uppingham. 
The Victoria County History of Liddington (1935) is available. It includes a history of the manor, church, advowson, and charities.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Lyddington, Rutland Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC BTs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - £|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|LYDDINGTON PARISH Online Records|
Deposited parish registers are found at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office. Deposited bishop's transcripts are held at the Northamptonshire Record Office.
Diocese of Peterborough : Lyddington Bap 1569 - 1948 Marr 1626 - 1989 (Banns to1955) Bur 1563 – 1996
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474578.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Rutland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 04 December 2013.
- A History of the County of Rutland, Volume 2 (1935). A History of the County of Rutland. Adapted. Date accessed: 04 December 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Rutland, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.