Maesmynys, Breconshire Genealogy
MAESMYNIS (MAES-MYNYS), a parish, in the union and hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 1½ mile (S. W.) from Builth. This parish is situated in the northern part of the county, between the rivers Irvon aud Dihonwy. The church, dedicated to St. David, and situated on an eminence, is an ancient structure, with the remains of a tower, that appears to have been in ruins for ages. There is a meeting-house for Independents.
MAES MYNIS, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 1 mile S.W. of Builth, its post town. The rivers Donhiw and Irvon flow through the parish, which includes the village of Nantyain. For more information see Maesmynys, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464299.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 179-186. Adapted. Date accessed: 29 January 2014.